Welcome back everyone! Thank you, Lourdes, for opening your beautiful new home to us. You have done such a wonderful job with your house. It was great to see everyone.
Today was the first meeting using the new format and workbooks. HomeAdvantage offers "new ways of thinking about how you manage your home-helping you to set personal priorities to make definite daily decisions about your home." This enables the home making to be a harmonious and pleasant experience.
You must begin with a Mindset for Success in order to create and accomplish the home environment that you desire.
There are 3 universal principles that will help you 'craft the home you envision:'
1. Be positive!
2. Enjoy your home.
3. Do it for love.
In order to identify the way you want your home to be, it is important to see how it is now and ask your self what you want to keep the same and change. Talking with your husband and answering the questions in the workbook together will aid this process.
Below are the questions that the workbook asks. Feel free to comment below on things that help you identify and actualize your vision.
1. How do I want to feel when I walk in the front door?
2. What are obstacles that keep you from creating the kind of home environment you need for your self and family?
3. What would make you happier, healthier, and more refreshed at the end of each day?
Lori- can you comment about your suggestion with the timer?
Thursday, November 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think another useful thing was the introduction of the "3Ts": Time, tools and techniques. These can help us figure out what may be a missing piece of our puzzle in areas that are a struggle. Do we have the know how, the materials and opportunity to achieve our goals--how can we get them?
I also remembering someone suggest that what makes them happy and relaxed at the end of each day is kicking back with a cup of tea... Well, its the end of the day and I am about to go make myself happier, too...but with a glass of wine instead!! In vino et ...relaxation!
Regarding my use of the time: I stole this little idea from The Fly Lady (check out the link in the sidebar). When I am overwhelmed by a particular task- picking up toys, cleaning the refrigerator or scrubbing the bathroom, I set the timer for 15 or 20 minutes. I tell myself I can have a break when the timer goes off. Sometimes I have enough momentum and I can complete the given task. If not, I sit down and read to my girls or to myself. Add a cup of tea or a glass of wine and you are all set!
Post a Comment