Monday, January 21, 2008

How Do YOU Keep Your Kids From Saying the "B" Word?

OK, my kids haven't actually said the word "Bored" but I know they have been. So on days when it's too cold to go outside, and the usual tricks just aren't working, what do you do to mix it up a little? Comments please! Maybe we can all swap a trick or two....

6 comments:

Ellen Connolly said...

I scotch tape paper onto the floor covering a huge spread and give him crayons so he can color a huge surface.

i also dump them in their cribs.... go get bon bons and eat them until Mike gets home....

no i dont, but maybe that would be fun.

LKBeglis said...

I've found that the pet store (either our local one or a chain like PetSmart) is a great outing on a cold day. We spend a lot of time looking at the birds, fish, cats, etc. Damien loves it!

Elena Kilner said...

Brilliant! What good ideas! I broke out a few puzzles Joey hadn't seen in a while, that lasted for a little while, I think I may have to try mid-day baths too--they LOVE being in the tub together, it's just a question of whether its worth the meltdown when they have to get out--kind of defeats the purpose...

Celina said...

I took the kids to a local kids gym yesterday for the "free play" hour - they had a blast, ran themselves ragged a slept beautifully when we got home. I like the pet store idea, Laura...

Ellen Connolly said...

petsmart on saturdays starting at 12 has the animal rescue come with dogs that need to be adopted,,, we go about once a month... just to look of course... it is a really fun thing...
but when its cold outside and during the week... they can get their fix from animal planet!

Anonymous said...

Our community center in Olney (Longwood, on rt 97 just north of 108) has Tot Gym time Wed and Thur from 10-12. They let all the little kids run around and have riding toys, pushing toys, balls, tunnels etc. Tons of fun and FREE! We'll be there basically every week from now till spring...