Friday, February 08, 2008

Infant Swim


Dear Friends,

This is something I wanted to share with you. I do not send mass e-mails.  THIS ONE YOU HAVE TO SEE AND READ.  The video link below was sent to me by my cousin.  This is the program, Infant Resource Swim, my 2 kids (Gracie May 7 months, Reed 2.5 yr old) are participating in right now.  This is a five week program that every parent, grandparent, friend and family member should consider.  It is absolutely amazing to watch my children learn the skills (I hope they will never have to use) to survive in the water if needed.  I have included 2 videos of Gracie during her 2nd week of the class so you can see how beneficial this is.  The web site for the program is  http://www.infantswim.com/
.   The statistics of child drowing are mind boggling.  Please take the time to watch the videos.  They are very short.

In the original e-mail (below) the  sender asks how a mother could "hold back" and let them do this. How could you not do this if you knew it could save your child.

As I said, we are doing this now ( we are in our 3rd week) and I would recommend this to anyone...... and everyone.


Claire Drummond
301-869-8089
Potomac, MD



-----Original Message-----
From: PM
To: Clairemyrt326@aol.com
Sent: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 2:22 pm
Subject: Fwd: INCREDIBLE VIDEO.!!!

How weird --I just got this video today from the head of a prayer group I'm in.  Is this the same thing Reed and Gracie are learning?  I don't care how much it costs--this is worth it!!!!!




 

Subject: INCREDIBLE VIDEO.!!!
 
This really IS a great video.
 

 
This is an Incredible video!!! 

How did they hold the mom back to do this!!?



It doesn't matter who you are…
This is a "must watch" video, and I hope you'll pass it along… 
 
 
 

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail!
 

3 comments:

Ellen Connolly said...

even though the link is cut off it will still work if you click it.
It is a powerful video.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Moms,

Many ( Many!) of you have e-mailed me to ask about the classes and have mentioned there aren't any offered in our area. I do know there is a class but it is in No. VA. My kids are taking the class here because there are 3 instructors being trained so they will be offering classes in our area after the trainning is completed ( 3 more weeks). I will ask where the classes will be offered, at class on Monday. I do know the swim director at Congressional Country Club is being trained and is going to offer classes. Let me see what I can find out on Monday and get back to you. I am so happy to hear so many are interested- it is so worth it!

As I mentioned, I was not able to get this up on the blog. I have rec'd 6-7 undeliverable message so I know not everyone is getting this. Is there anyone that can help me get this on the blog? I hate to have anyone miss this information.

Thanks and stay tuned!

Claire Drummond

Anne Gabriel said...

I live in N. VA and can't find any classes here, so can you please give us the NVA class info? Or even a phone number of who to call?

Also, how much are classes? I couldn't find this info on the website.

Thanks for sharing! This is powerful and awesome.