Tuesday, March 18, 2008

March Mommy/Baby Outing

Hello ladies,

We will be organizing social outings once a month on the third Thursday of the month so that we are able to spend more time together and allow our children to see other! Since the third Thursday in March is Holy Thursday, we have decided to push the activity to the fourth Thursday, which is March 27th. We will be meeting at the JP II Cultural Center at 10 am. The Cultural Center is a treasure for young and old alike. There are wonderful exhibits for adults (and older children) to enjoy, There is also a wonderful toddler/preschool area on the lower level where children can play freely and parents can sit and relax while they supervise.
I suggest bringing a bag lunch for your family. There is a cafeteria area where we can eat and food can be purchased as well, but they do not mind if you bring food in. Mass is also celebrated in their lovely chapel at 12 noon.

The Center is located across Harewood Road from Catholic University, so if you are interested you can always take your children across the road to the Shrine or to walk around the campus as well.

The address is:

Pope John Paul II Cultural Center3900 Harewood Road, NEWashington, DC 20017Phone: 202-635-5400 You can explore the Center online at http://www.jp2cc.org/default.asp before our visit if you want more information.

We are hoping for warmer weather in April. We are tentatively planning a visit to the zoo on April 17th. Please check the blog for updates as the date draws closer.

God Bless,
Lori

Please note if you are planning to attend in the comments so that we know who to contact if there is a change of plans at all. Thanks!

6 comments:

Sharon Humphries said...

I won't be able to make events during the day unless they are on Friday's! Sounds like fun though, have a good time!

Celina said...

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this outing either - we have family visiting from CO so we'll be doing some heavy duty sight-seeing! I would love to attend next month...
I know its not free, but would you guys ever consider something like the circus? I believe it will be in our area in April...

Elena Kilner said...

If you want to coordinate a circus trip feel free--we'll keep the zoo date and if people want to do the circus they can do that too.

Lori McGovern said...

Unfortunately, I will not be able to meet everyone at the JP II Cultural Center next Thursday. I have an appointment I cannot change. I am planning to be at the zoo next month though!

South Paw said...

Joseph and I won't be able to make it. I want him to convalesce a little bit more after his sickness. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

http://shows.travelzoo.com/shows-events/386188?sef=done&ptl=&rating=

This is sort of last minute for the DC show but I just saw this on the TravelZoo deals that come out every Wednesday. 50% off tickets to the circus - March 27-30 (DC) and April 2-13 (Fairfax, VA)!Can't beat the deal and I hope someone can benefit from it.


Steph Rao