Ok... so we are leaving for vacation to the beach this Saturday and the list of things on the "To-Do" list is LONG. Some action items I don't mind like getting the boys beach toys but some items I was dreading.... like getting the bikini wax.
I do need to say that before I got married, I didn't mind getting them... but I guess its that ever since I have been married, I have also been pregnant... and pregnant skin is a LOT more sensitive than non-pregnant skin. Bikini waxes while pregnant are even less fun than before. But duty calls... and I needed to get it done. I knew that I was NOT going to go to Aveda in Georgetown. They are butchers with wax...Never ever EVER go there for a bikini wax. I had been a regular at Jacques Dessange in Chevy Chase but it had been soooooo long I didn't want to shock and scandalize Elena who knew me in my youthful regular spa days.
So I decided to try my luck at Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa in Tysons. I was lucky enough to have left over money on an gift certificate that my husband Mike had gotten me for Mother's Day. They advertise an (are you ready for this?) OUCHLESS wax experience. While I did NOT believe what I read, I thought it my best option.
I was nervous the night before, the morning of and all while I was waiting in the waiting room... Then she came to get me...
As I lay on the table I was contemplating just leaving. I explained to her that I was pregnant for two reasons: 1 being that when I react like a baby it will be because my sensitive pregnant skin and 2 I did NOT want her thinking that I was fat.
Then she applied the wax...but wait... not just in one spot but in ALL the places AT ONCE... now I was committed. No more idea of leaving after the first tug with a patch missing because I couldn't handle the rest... I was in for it all. As we were chit chatting- yes chit chatting- (I couldn't let on that I was nervous at all- c'mon) she pulled once done there, once another place and then once more in another place and we were DONE. I was shocked. IT DIDN'T HURT. I will repeat: IT DIDN'T HURT. Really, it is not a myth.
Apparently they have there own special wax recipe. They don't even use paper to stick to the wax. They let it cool and bit and then pull the wax off... I know that sounds like it would hurt, but you need to try so you, too, will be a believer.
Anyway, I told her I was so amazed, impressed, full of gratitude and in awe that I was going to tell EVERYONE about her. She then told me that she was mentioned in May's issue of Allure as one of the best Brazilian waxes in the nation. While I didn't try that one to believe it I just took her word for it.
Go see her: Homa Cooper: 8075 Leesburg Pike, Tysons Corner 703-448-8388
and only $38!
Have I convinced you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You have peaked my curiosity.... I think I am going to have to check this out!
I had to laugh when you said you just took her word for it regarding the brazilian!
Just to clarify --I was not a "waxing lady" in my previous life--DIFFERENT ELENA!!!!
I'm pretty committed to my lady over at Eclips...but, I just had to see (or feel) for myself what this OUCHLESS wax is all about...so I made an appt. for next Friday. I'll let you know if I concur!
Oh Gosh, celina! I am so excited that you are going to try her. Chrissy is going today and I am dying to hear what she has to say!! let me know asap- you are going to LOVE her!
Post a Comment