Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Meet Christine White

I'm 27 years old, originally from Kansas City, MO. I've lived in the Washington area (specifically, northern Virginia) for almost six years. I'm married to my college boyfriend, Steve. We started dating our freshman year at University of Dallas when we were 18 and now we've been married three years. He is my best friend and I'm very glad for that. I think I drive him nuts with my constant chatter, questions, hypothetical home furnishing purchases, and plans for our future. Our relationship is unique because we both have very strong personalities. We're both Irish and German so we bicker like it's our job but we laugh a lot. We have a lot of joy in our life and I'm thankful for that. We have great friends and a loving family.

We're expecting our first child in August and I'm due on our third wedding anniversary. The thought of having a child doesn't freak me out, which is odd because every life change that I've been through so far has. I think if we hadn't had to wait three years for this baby, I would be freaked out, but, I have new found appreciation for receiving a gift that I probably don't deserve, so I'm enjoying every moment of it. I'm sure my child will be a terror…I was…So payback is expected. I'm looking forward to it. That said I believe my child will be clean and perfect.

I love shopping and eating. It makes me happy in ways that most people somewhat understand but probably don't. A perfect day for me would be to get my hair done, buy a new outfit and have a manicure/pedicure. I eat every four hours. It's not intentional per se, but it just happens.

Fill in the blanks:

childhood ambition: I would have liked to be a professional gymnast or a professional ice skater
fondest memory: the night my husband proposed to me.
soundtrack: Rascal Flats for everyday moments, but P. Diddy if I need to get in a good workout. Otherwise, I know almost every popular song playing on the radio at any given time. Steve asks me how I know the words to all the songs all the time.
retreat: the beach. I love it there. It's my happy place.
wildest dream: I've been trying to go the Bahamas for years. It hasn't panned out yet. One day it'll happen!
proudest moment: telling my husband he's going to be a dad. It's all he's ever wanted to be and I have no doubt that he will be the best father to our children.
biggest challenge: hands down humility and pride and learning when to keep my mouth shut. Is there room for a paragraph here? My imperfections – let me count the ways!
alarm clock: an obnoxious white alarm clock that goes off an hour before I get up and a cell phone for when I really need to get up early.
perfect day: shopping, eating, mani/pedi
first job: a cashier at the local true value hardware store. I can fix plumbing problems like a pro.
indulgence: a Whopper from Burger King. With cheese. No onion. Fries and a Diet Coke
J
last purchase: maternity clothes…no….clothes for Steve.
favorite movie: oh boy….I'm not sure that I have one.
inspiration: my mother.
My life (finish the sentence): Is the best gift that God could give me. It's much better than anything I could have dreamt up myself.

2 comments:

Katie said...

yeah! Welcome to Mom's Resource Chrissy! Your answers made me tear up a little bit. I'm so happy for you and Steve-O!

South Paw said...

Congratulations Chrissy! I really like the picture of you and baby White.