Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sign the Petition to help Defend Freedom of Conscience

It will take a few steps to help! See a message below from my friend. Thanks, Clare

Dear Friends, Please send a message (as a patient or as a health care professional) supporting conscience-protection for health care providers and professionals, such as the right of a physician to refuse to perfom an abortion based on ethical standards. As a nurse, I feel that this law is essential for me to practice in many fields of nursing. The new administration is taking action to eliminate conscience-protection. This is a serious and immediate threat becuase, if passed, physicians and other health care professionals would be no longer be legally able to refuse to participate in practices they find morally wrong. The deadline for public comment is April 9, 2009. Please support my right to refuse to participate in abortions! Please act now and share this information!! Go to: http://www.freedom2care.org/The website is simple to use and the process will take only a few moments.

2 comments:

South Paw said...

To sign the petition, go to left column of website and click on "Send a Message to HHS" and choose either 'patient' or if applicable, "healthcare professional".

Nancy said...

Thank you Clare. I have responded on the link. As a nurse at a Catholic Hospital which DOES NOT perform abortions or prescribe birth control, this is a very important issue to me. I truly hope that, however difficult this would be, that Holy Cross would completely reject this to the point of selling out, in an effort to make a stance for what is right-to be a voice for the unborn. The day Holy Cross performs an abortion will be the day after I have handed in my resignation. I don't want to do this, but we have to take a stand- you never know what kind of silent effect you may have....there are some things that are more important than the worst of economical/health care/education...situations. I have 2 adopted children that are the happiness of me and Pat's lives. These children may have been considered inconvient or mistakes. If you have seen my children, you will know, as all children are, NOT MISTAKES. We must all pray for President Obama, especially in this Lenten season.