I grew up here in DC, middle child of 8 (with thriving middle child syndrome alive today), and have been blessed that my closest friends are my sisters and the same girlfriends I have through childhood and high school. I met my husband, Tim, at a party he was hosting that Ellen Connolly brought me to. He asked me out 3 times before I said yes. Thank God I finally said yes! We have to kids, Lucy (2.5) & Charlie (8 months), my peanut gang. I'm a fairly active blogger who openly describes my ups and down of motherhood, my adventures in the kitchen and life in general. I'm a photographer. I specialize in life style photos, I love to capture the personality of a child in a candid moment.
fondest memory: geez, I have a lot. but I think the moment I knew what unconditional love was when I was sitting with my infant daughter one day alone in the middle of the winter. i had been holding for hours and knew I could never stop loving her.
soundtrack: anything my Beyonce or Rhianna. yes I love my hip hop music. Anything that will get me dancing around the kitchen and shaking my booty.
retreat: a beach
wildest dream: to live in Paris with my husband and kids for a few years
proudest moment: professionally, having my photography published in a major newspaper.
biggest challenge: getting out of bed in the morning
alarm clock: my children
perfect day: breakfast of eggs Benedict, relaxing out with kids all day, romantic seafood dinner with husband, a movie & popcorn before bed
first job: intern at a naval architecture firm
indulgence: chocolate
last purchase: j.crew dress
favorite movie: oh geez, I don't think I have just one.
inspiration: my mother, my sisters and absolutely my husband.
My life (finish the sentence): is truly a happy struggle, blessed with flaws and wonderful surprises.
--
Katie G. Carney
http://www.katiecarneyphotos.com

1 comment:
Katie- this is great- and I love your blog!
Post a Comment