Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Meet Lori McGovern

I grew up on a small family farm in Northwestern Pennsylvania (a tiny town called Conneaut Lake 2 hours north of Pittsburgh) and I came to Washington DC in 1998 to attend Catholic University. I didn't really want to go to school there (it took a lot of convincing and a generous scholarship), but God knew what he was doing because that is where I met my amazing husband, Tim. Tim had to do a little convincing of his own as I was sure I was called to be a missionary in Africa. After a few years of patience and prayer, we started dating my senior year (he had graduated two years before me). Within two weeks, I knew we would get married. Tim says he knew for two years before we started dating. I was youth minister for a year and a half after I graduated and then we moved when Tim took a new job. I have stayed home ever since and raised our kids, taken care of the house and enjoyed being a wife!

childhood ambition: too many to count, including being in the Guiness Book of World Records
fondest memory: my wedding day
soundtrack: always changing- right now the girls and I love listening to opera, but I always return to Sugarland for a good dance around the kitchen with a whisk!
retreat: a long, long run, preferably in the woods
wildest dream: to take my family to Africa and live there as missionaries
proudest moment: bringing my three babies into the world
biggest challenge: patience
alarm clock: early so I can have some time alone to pray and run
perfect day: long run, breakfast with the family, fun with the kids, lots of laughter, nice dinner, early bed for kids, Scrabble, ice cream and snuggle with Tim
first job: on the farm- milking cows, cleaning stalls, feeding calves, etc.
indulgence: home baked cookies with ice cream on top
last purchase: new bread machine (mine died after 6 years of hard use and I cannot live without one!)
favorite movie: The Princess Bride (a childhood favorite), Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves (cheesy, but I love it), Star Wars
inspiration: my husband
My life (finish the sentence): is a beautiful struggle.


No comments: