
I used to be a chocolate light weight---only enjoying super creamy milk chocolate. Now, at this stage in my life, that doesn't even come close to cutting it. I am finding myself wanting/needing/craving/holding my breath for super dark, super intense, super 72% cacao. I found a stash in my cabinet of little .375 oz bars probably left over from a Christmas gift basket. I remember thinking that they were super gross when I first laid eyes on them 6 months ago but I couldn't justify just trowing them away, so I threw them in my cabinet. I had one the other day when I was dying for chocolate and out of necessity I tasted one and that timid initial taste quickly became a ferocious devouring of this not even close to being big enough morsel. I can't even imagine going back to milk chocolate. Milk chocolate sounds so beginners now. I feel I have entered into the real world of chocolate and somehow I feel more of a serious woman for it all!
6 comments:
I totally hear ya! I made teh switch over to the dark stuff about a year ago and I really don't like the mil chocolate version at all now! The darker the better...you have to try Green&Black's Organic Dark Chocolate and also Balducci's Dark chocolate - its amazing!
I love the Valrhona 71% at Trader Joes. Dan was able to successfully upgrade to the 85% cacao but I couldn't hack it. It was a big jump for me...maybe someday.
And with it being so good for you, I consider it a great daily afternoon snack!
i must confess I've been settling for my kids' potty training m&m's ---how uncouth!!!
I second the Trader Joe's chocolate. It is also GREAT for chocolate dipped strawberries!
Meaghan- you are the chocolate dipping strawberry QUEEN!
Post a Comment