Thursday, July 02, 2009

Babysitter available

(Thanks, Lori, for this info)
This is a letter from a good friend of mine who is really amazing with kids. She works at a Montessori school and loves children. I thought you could post this in case people are interested. Her name is Oona Waxenfelter. The following is her letter:

Hi everyone! The school where I work is out for the summer and I'm happy to offer to all of you occasional, part-time child care. I know it can be difficult to find someone to watch Zane for a few hours here and there when I have doctor's appointments or need to take the dog to the vet or want a little time to myself (!). Most child care providers prefer the guarantee of more than a few hours here and there. If you find yourself in this type of situation, now you can call me!
In addition to mothering my 16-month-old son Zane, I have many years of experience teaching preschoolers, working in day care centers and providing home-based child care to children of a range of ages. I studied child development as part of my college degree and continue to seek out information and training in this field. Feel free to contact me for more details about my qualifications and for references.
The timing, compensation (I'm open to trades), and location (although I prefer my home) are all negotiable. It'll be my pleasure to help you out, interact with your child(ren), and have additional playmates for Zane! You can email me directly at oonawax@yahoo.com or call me at 202-722-1378. To borrow a phrase from other service providers, there's no job too small!
Best,
Oona


No comments: