Friday, July 10, 2009

Lay out

Do any of you sleep on a different than your kids? We have a cape cod with 2 bedrooms up stairs and 2 bedrooms on the first floor... we are entertaining the idea of bringing us down to the first floor and having the kids up stairs.....
Does anyone already do this? How does it work for you?

3 comments:

Elena Kilner said...

Don't do it yet but as soon as I max out space upstairs--I'm planning on it -- might want to keep the tiny tinies with you till they are sleeping throu the night though...Most of Elizabeth Hatches kids are upstairs and they are down...

Wreaklamation said...

We have a Cape Cod too -- our bedroom and Caroline's bedroom are upstairs, while Charlotte's bedroom is on the first floor. I HATE this arrangement, but the 1st floor bedroom is so small we can't fit our (very modestly sized) bedroom furniture in it. All our bedrooms are small, in fact. I have panic attacks in the middle of the night when I wonder whether Charlotte unlocked her windows during the day (even though they have child locks on them, she can unlock them, but only raise them an inch -- a determined intruder could put paid to them easily). We moved Charlotte downstairs right before Caroline was born and when we moved her to a bed (at a little over three) we were very worried about her wandering and (God forbid) opening the door and going outside. Our doctor suggested a hook and eye latch, which we used (and which I hated using) for a while. Now, at five, Charlotte is old enough and has common sense enough for us to be more comfortable with her coming out of her room if we are not awake. We want to move Charlotte upstairs to Caroline's room at some point, but Caroline has to become a more reliable sleeper and we have to have more confidence that they won't keep each other awake all night. Maybe we will move before we reach that point, LOL.

Ellen Connolly said...

Thanks for your input! I am worried, too, about our bedroom furniture... i love our bed... but it is soooo big compared to the size of the first floor room. Mike wants none of this plan... but i am dying to do it...