Friday, December 21, 2007

When Bad Eggs Happen to Good People...


Ok, I wasn't in the habit of breaking my eggs into a separate bowl when baking, but after watching the food network with much regularity and wanting to reincarnated as the Barefoot Contessa, I decided that I should make a practice of it...

This morning, as I was getting ready to make a chocolate cake for dinner at my mother-in-law's house, I decided to cut the corner and just crack them right into the batter... you know skip a step and make clean up less of a deal with one less bowl.....

Well sure enough.... the first time I do this in a LONG time and damnit.... a bad egg went right into the cake mix...

So instead of saving the clean up of one small small small bowl I have added about 50 million more complicated steps that include, oh to name just a few: packing 2 kids in the car, first getting their coats on, chap stick on their lips, getting my coat, finding parking, grocery cart, getting more cake mix, winter hats, blogging- of course, and then cracking eggs again, but this time in a seperate bowl....

So, moral of story.... always do as you see on TV.

2 comments:

Celina said...

I've never seen a bad egg...how'd you know it was bad?!? That's the worst, when a "quick, 5 minute trip to the store" turns into a long endeavor just because you have to get out the door with little ones in tow! Ugh! I bet the cake was delish, though.

Elena Kilner said...

I have come across one bad egg in my life...you know by the smell and the funy orange look. You've converted me to a seperate bowl user! Thanks Ellen!