I challenge all you moms out there to join me, yes ME, in the Army 10 miler one year from this October...for those of you who write yourselves off as unathletic or nonrunners, let me remind you that I not only just gave birth to my third child in three years, but have not run a mile since I was forced to in my 6th grade gym class. Those of you who are runners may doubt my ability to meet my own challenge, and you may be right...but it's something to shoot for!
Why, you ask am I inspired to do such a thing? I am finding that exercise is an increasingly imperitive tool in my calling as a wife and mother. As I am drawing dangerously close to 30, I need the "umphp" that it gives you to have the energy to get through the day and honestly, it gives me a release and time of recollection--some "me" time, if you will that serves my family at the same time--that's the kind of "me" time that can be truly "Guilt free".
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I am quite impressed, Elena. I have no doubt that you can and will do it!!! More power to you. While I wont join you, I will be cheering you on from the sidelines!!
hmm I can't even commit to a gym membership but something inside of me really wants to do this.
Okay, although I can't exactly start training immediately, being 9 months pregnant and all, I think this might be a good goal for me too! Great way to lose the baby weight!
Count me in!
I am not kidding...
I totally misread the post...
At first I thought it was the Army 1 miler this October and I thought--- wow that is crazy, she just had a baby and she's gonna run a mile? I can't face a mile and I had a baby 3 months ago. But maybe I can get out there with her, after all I did run cross country in High School...
But now I re-read it for the 4th time and see it is a 10 miler (gasp) in 1 year...Wow!
I love you Elena, and I love our armed forces- but I may take on the task of passing you all the water...
That is fantastic, Elena...all my support!
I'm in! It's a totally reachable goal!!
Definitely count me in for the training, if not for the race. Y'all know I love to run, especially with other "hot moms!" If I am not pregnant I will definitely do the race next year. By the way, can everyone say a prayer as I run the Parks Half Marathon this Sunday.
Go, Lori, go! You can do it!!!!!
All right what a response!!! I've gotten a few e-mails from other interested moms so this is our mission ladies! As the year progresses maybe we can meet a weekend here or there and go running together to keep the momentum going. I plan to put on my running shoes by no later than October 1st, sooner if I feel I have healed enough from delivery. If we can add a mile to our running each month--we'll be golden!
And go Lori--you're an inspiration to all of us!
Post a Comment