"A Tale of Two Women"- I found this article interesting and thought provoking. It has been really interesting having a woman and a mom in the spotlight these last few weeks.
article
What do you ladies think of this article?
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really like this article. Thanks for finding and posting it. I especially like the part referring to Palin as one "who unapologetically embodies authentic feminism." This is truly the case. She is totally an authentic feminist because she embraces her "femaleness" instead of wanting to rid herself of it.
I used the made up word of "femaleness" and not femininity bc the latter has the connotation of things feminine/flowery. I am referring to her acceptance of what makes her female: her ability to carry children. Whether she had kids or not, she is accepting of that as part of the nature of women and not something to be erradicated in order to be equal to man. She is not pushing for androgeny like radical feminism does.
Colleen Zarzecki here: It actually floors me to see a woman in this position -- a candidate for VP who is obviously pro-life, not just in words and policies, but in her real life. I never thought I'd see it, and the depth of my gratitude to John McCain for choosing her can't be overstated -- even if the ticket doesn't win, Sarah Palin by her very being demonstrates that there is more than one path to women's liberation -- at this juncture, we need to be liberated from the radical feminist straightjacket of thought.
Post a Comment