Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ok, we all know Breast is Best but....

Ladies, check this out



I have heard of people using their breast milk in home recipes (bread, etc.) and I can almost understanding feeding it to your children in that form, but I am not sure how I feel about public consumption. Any thoughts or opinions on this one

3 comments:

Ellen Connolly said...

That is really funny. At first glance of the article, I thought that Ben and Jerry's was in fact making hte switch to breast milk from cows milk. I mean I knew they are granola crunchy and all but I thought that was a bit too far since their product is so main stream... but then my reading comprehension kicked in and I realized that PETA was requesting Ben and Jerry's to make the switch and they "tastefully" declined. Thank goodness! THat would freak me out.
I guess PETA claims that it would be better for the cows in general. There would be less sufferring... Obviously PETA has never breast fed! All good benefits aside, I am sure there are a whole host of new moms who will attest to some sort of "suffering" while breastfeeding!! And then to magnify the output of milk on a grande scale to produce marketable icecream.... WOW. Well, at least it was an innovative idea. (oh and i am not surprised that the idea originated in Sweeden.)

Celina said...

I gotta be honest...that sounds totally gross!! Have you ever actually tasted breast milk (I mean other than when you were fed it as a baby?!)...I'm thinking totally nasty! Health benefits aside, of course, why would you ever eat the stuff willingly as an adult!?!

Meaghan said...

Didn't you see that old episode of Friends, Celina? They said it tastes like cantaloupe juice :)