Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Meet Elena Kilner

My first memory of my husband's family is a backyard talent show when we were 8 years old. His Dad was the MC and held my hand and sang "Daisy, Daisy, Give Me your Answer Due". We went on one date in High school, One date in College but didn't actually date for real until I had finished college and he was working on his master's in Spain. Our courtship consisted of a summer of dating, lots of letter writing and overseas phone calls. I had to introduce myself to most of his extended family minutes before we announced our engagement. I had no idea how good he was for me until after we got married--I just thought he was really cute before that.

childhood ambition:
to be a mom
fondest memory: so many but maybe my husband and my first kiss - in the rain on a walk by the tidal basin downtown
soundtrack: If I had my way it's be something U2 or Rascal Flatts, reality: Wee Sing and Learn ABC's
retreat: a hike in the woods, I love going for walks
wildest dream: to up and live in a different country...because I never did a semester abroad
proudest moment: being pregnant with my first baby and realizing that another life was totally dependant on me
biggest challenge:motherhood - keeping it all together - trying to remain a well balanced person - very much an ongoing thing
alarm clock: her name is Madie, rarely does my actual alarm clock actually go off.
perfect day: family outing days are the best, picnic lunch, hike, run around with the kids, kids go down early, relax with hubby
first job: checking memberships at the front desk of a pool
indulgence: chocolate milk
last purchase: a sling! never thought I'd do it honestly but I can't wait to start using it.
favorite movie: not sure but I'm a sucker for action movies--but not gory ones
inspiration: my mom - she has strength that can only be described as supernatural
My life (finish the sentence): is a work in progress, if I live till 90, I'm 1/3 through it and I definitely have not accomplished 1/3 of what I'd like or should....and that's assuming I live till I'm 90!

(Picture taken by Katie Carney)

4 comments:

LKBeglis said...

I absolutely LOVE that picture!!!

Cwhite said...

So cute! You could be a Gap ad!

South Paw said...

Love it! Precious pic and interview

Ann Vitz said...

so sweet...the pic, the anecdotes..wonderful!